Nutritional Info (per serving):
30mins / Energy: 322kcal / Sugars: Trace / Salt: Trace / Saturated fat: None
- 4 Colourful Peppers
- 100g Brown Basmati, Red Camargue & Wild Rice
- 600ml Water
- 1.0 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1.0 White onion
- 4 leaves Kale
- 50g Whole Almonds
- 6 leaves Mint
- 2 tbsp Sultanas
- 2 pinches Cinnamon powder
- 1.0 Lemon
- 100g Mince beef
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Saucepan/Small Pot
1. Preheat the oven to 200c. While the oven is heating, prepare the rice: Place the rice in the pot, and cover it with boiling water – water should come 1cm above rice. When you see holes forming, add water to cover the rice again. When holes form for the send time, reduce temperature to low, cover with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Roughly chop the almonds and mint.
3. Finely chop onions and kale.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions and beef over a medium-high heat until the meat has browned.
5. Add the kale, cinnamon and lemon and cook for 4 minutes or until soften.
6. Add the almonds and mint.
7. Wash the peppers. Slice the top op and deseed the insider. Grease with a pinch of olive oil.
8. Spoon the stuffing into the greased peppers, put the ‘lids’ back on and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the skin is browned and bubbly.
9. Serve hot. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days.
To print the recipe and find out more about Mucho, click here!