Baked Blueberry Oats by Dr. Divya Sharma
If you’re in need of a quick, filling and nutritious breakfast (or snack!) then this recipe is for you!
Oats are a great source of fibre and blueberries contain lots of polyphenols. That means this recipe will certainly keep those friendly gut bugs extra happy ????
- 1 egg or if vegan 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed and 2 tbsp of water
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups almond milk/any milk
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 200c. To make a flax egg, combine the ground flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Stick it in the refrigerator while you prep the rest of the ingredients. If not vegan, can use egg.
- Combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix.
- Pour the melted coconut oil, flax egg, maple syrup, and milk into a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Spray a 9” x 9” baking dish with coconut oil cooking spray
- Pour the dry ingredients into the pan, followed by most of the blueberries (save about a half-cup for sprinkling on top). Then pour in the wet ingredients, shaking the pan slightly to mix everything together.
- Sprinkle the remaining half-cup of blueberries over the top of the oat mixture. Bake for 25 minutes until golden