Gutmas Spiced Loaf by Dr. Divya Sharma
This recipe contains sugar, spice, and everything nice… it makes an amazing Christmas dessert that your guests will love you for. It’s perfectly sweet, subtly spiced, and hearty ????
Plus it’s packed full of gut-loving ingredients, like ginger and apple cider vinegar!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (use whatever kind you like)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- To a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together.
- To a measuring jar, add 1 cup of milk and then add 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar to it and stir. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- To another large bowl, add oil and molasses and mix until combined. Then add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Now start adding the milk-vinegar mixture and the flour mix in parts to the oil-molasses-sugar mixture. Add half of the milk mixture and mix until combined.
- Then add half of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining half of the milk mixture followed by the remaining flour mixture.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes