This delicious recipe is amazing as it contains fiber superhero jerusalem artichoke, naturally anti-inflammatory compounds that promote gut flora in turmeric and the super food quinoa, full of nutrients that support your digestive tract. A real gut winner!
Nutritional Info (per serving):
30mins / Energy: 723kcal / Sugars: None / Salt: Trace / Saturated fat: None
- 200g Jerusalem Artichokes
- 1/2 packs Ready sliced butternut squash
- 100g Spinach
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1.0 tsp Cumin powder
- 10 sprigs Coriander
- 1.0 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1.0 tsp Chilli flakes
- 10g Ginger
- 1.0 clove Garlic
- 1/2 White onion
- 1/2 tins Tinned tomato
- 1.0 tin Coconut Cream
- 2 pinches Sea salt
- 2 pinches Ground pepper
- 1.0 pack Organic Express Pearl & Black Quinoa
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius. Wash and peel the Jerusalem artichokes. Remove the squash from the pack (do not chop!). Place the Jerusalem artichokes and squash in an oven roasting tin. Add half the oil and mix to cover well. Roast for 20 minutes, turning them halfway.
2. Peel and grate the ginger. Peel and crush the garlic. Peel and dice the onion as small as you can. Roughly chop the coriander leaves. (discard the stems)
3. In a wok over medium-high heat, heat the remaining oil and add the turmeric and cumin. Cook for one minute, then add the garlic, ginger, chilli and onion. Stir often for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove the veg from the oven and add it to the wok. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
6. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it begins to wilt.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle coriander. Serve with quinoa.