Kichari by Dr. Divya Sharma
Kichari is a simple, porridge-like blend of yellow mung beans and rice ????. In India, kichari is often the first food for babies ???????? because it is so easy to digest. Plus, it’s high in protein and helps to stabilise blood sugar levels.
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal
- 4-5 cups water
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- Soak rice and moong dal together at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Heat oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds. When seeds become dark brownish add cumin seeds and onions and ginger.
- Cook them until light brown then add the soaked rice and moong daal and cook for another two minutes.
- Add water, salt, turmeric, and carrots and let it cook until the dal and rice are thoroughly cooked.