cauliflower and parsnip mash
In this delicious side dish, we’ve swapped your regular mashed potato for cauliflower and parsnip to increase the fibre by 5g per portion!
gluten free | veggie | high-fibre
4 (as a side dish)
1 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
1 garlic clove
energy in kcal 144
fat 5.4g, and of which saturates 2.4g
carbohydrates 16g, of which sugars 8.7g
- Peel the parsnips and slice them into ½ inch thick pieces. Chop the cauliflower into evenly sized florets.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Once the water is boiling add parsnips and cauliflower florets. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Tip the cooked vegetables into a colander and let them drain completely.
- Warm the butter or oil in a saucepan over low medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring often, until the garlic is aromatic but doesn’t start to brown.
- Add the vegetables to the saucepan and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.