We’ve put together the PEARfect recipe for your one true valentine, your gut ❤️
It’s got pears 🍐 (contain a whopping 6.2g of fibre per 100g), cacao 🍫 (full of antioxidants), yoghurt (lots of probiotics aka good gut bugs), pomegrante (packed with polyphenols), and homemade granola 🥣 (tonssss of fab fibre).
Energy in Kcal – 488
Fibre – 11g
Fat – 30g, and of which saturates 13g
Carbohydrates – 36g, and of which sugars 14g
Protein – 12g
Allergens – Tree Nuts, Milk, Sesame Seeds
Who’s it suitable for? GF, Vegetarian
Cacao Spiced Granola
- 60g Sunflower Seeds
- 60g Pumpkin Seeds
- 60g Almonds
- 60g Cocoa nibs
- 60g Coconut Flakes
- 60g Ground Flaxseed
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 60g Gluten-free flour
- 3tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 3tbsp Maple Syrup
- 120g Gluten Free Oats
- Pinch Salt
- 4 Pears
- 1tbsp Honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Kefir yoghurt or dairy-free alternative
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line two medium-sized baking trays with baking paper.
- Slice the pears into halves and remove the core. Place onto one of the baking trays and drizzle with the honey and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix all the dry granola ingredients into a big bowl, then stir in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix well, until everything is lightly coated. Evenly spread the granola mixture onto the second lined baking tray.
- Place both the pears and the granola into the oven for 30-35 mins. Stirring the granola halfway. Allow both to cool.
- Serve the granola and half a pear with a spoonful of kefir yoghurt and a handful of pomegranate seeds.
- Store baked pears in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.